Financial Planning Analyst
Excellent new role for an experienced Financial Planning Analyst to join our team!
You will be joining a growing financial team performing a range of complex financial analysis duties within our evolving environment. You will be responsible for the day to day management of our Planning Process. and working closely with our Chief Financial Officer creating reports, forecasts budgets and recommendations.
Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- 5+ years accountancy experience in a commercial environment
- Professional qualification in the field of accountancy (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP and Microsoft applications
- Experience with budgeting, cost estimation and analysis and fiscal management principals and
- Extremely Strong Excel Modelling capabilities.
- Capable of communicating Financial metrics to senior management.
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Experience in identifying, assessing and developing opportunities to improve business
- Experience managing Budgetary cycles with competing priorities
Personal Attributes required:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic with 'can-do' philosophy
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical, investigative, problem solving and follow through skills
- Very strong time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Key Responsibilities to include:
Budgeting & Planning
- Responsible for delivery of a timely Annual Budget.
- Responsible for creation of budget models to the level of granular detail required while also having the capability of summarizing key budget drivers.
- Liaise with Vertical General Managers to deliver a realistic assessment of what their respective P&L's will deliver for 2017.
- Work with General Managers and Commercial team to understand what level of new business Abtran is able to deliver for 2017.
- Work with Support Department heads to understand drivers across their areas of accountability and to deliver an Overhead analysis for 2017.
- Identify appropriate level of Capital Spend for 2017 required to both maintain existing business service and also to enable business growth.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer to streamline the existing Forecasting process.
- Build excel models as appropriate that help to standardise the delivery of Financial information as part of the Forecasting process.
- Work with Operations to identify key drivers that are impacting their Budget delivery.
- Develop Models that assist with aligning underlying Actual KPI's with Forecasted metrics.
- Provide support to the CFO where necessary to help deliver Gross Margin and EBITDA improvements
- Build positive working relationships across the organisation
- Support innovation by developing strategies and creating opportunities to elicit new ideas from members of the business
- Communicate changes clearly to all members of the team
- Support Finance team where necessary in the delivery of areas that are deemed to add value to Abtran business.