Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Packages, especially Excel and Access
- 2+ years' experience in a forecasting role
- Experience in managing and manipulating data
- Expertise in creating forecast reports, forecasting project trends
- Enterprise Resource Planning / Demand Driven Material Requirement Planning experience
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Business degree in forecasting or statistical analysis desirable
Personal Attributes required:
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Business aware
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, investigative and follow through skills
- Motivated and positive - can work on own initiative
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Very strong time management
- Prioritising and multi tasking skills
Key Result Areas
- Support Client, Operations Team and Finance by providing forecast information promptly.
- Own the forecasting process and work with the key stakeholders to ensure forecast accuracy is met and deadlines are achieved.
- Develop, implement, and manage a collaborative forecasting process that collects and reconciles information from diverse sources into a single unified statement of demand.
- Provide Actual to Budget Forecast, Variance explanations, and ratio/trend reports.
- Maintain accuracy to within +/- 5%.
- Actively communicate with all relevant departments to ensure that they are aware of all issues that may affect forecast accuracy.
- Continually review forecasting practices to increase efficiency of the business.
- Review forecast accuracy, and ensure forecasts going forward are refined to ensure the ability to keep staffing at optimum levels.
- Work with Scheduling Analysts to ensure they are aware of the forecasts and what assumptions have been used to allow for greater decision making across the team.
- Help drive analysis for initiatives to identify areas to add value.
- Develop in conjunction with our reporting team regular reports/updates for internal and external management team.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Build relationships with your peers, colleagues and manager.
- Support colleagues and build the right culture.
- Look out for each other.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with Client
- Be flexible and adapt to different situations, customers and business needs.
- Recognise the part you play in the team and contribute to its success.
4. Continuous Improvement
- Engage in and take ownership of personal development and career planning.
- Find ways to do things better for yourself, the team, Abtran, the customer and the Client.
- Tell people about your good ideas.
- Recommend forecasting and process changes within and beyond the scope of assigned responsibilities.